Last Updated: April 21, 202.
Zypps is a Transportation Network Company (TNC), platform and technology services provider. Our goal is to use our technology and platform to connect people through transportation. Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from riders and drivers, and how we use it to connect riders with drivers and to continue to improve the services we offer.
What We Collect A. Information You Provide To Us Registration Information
When you sign up for and or update a Zypps account, we collect information: This information we collect may include name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), your location, government identification numbers such as Social Security number, driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Zypps account. If you use any of the social media platforms that we support to sign up for Zypps, we will also get basic information from your social media account profile like your name, gender, profile photo, and contact lists.
Demographic data: In addition to the above, we may collect demographic information about you, which includes through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
User content: When you contact Zypps and or its parent company Zyleck, we may collect information that you submit to our customer support team, provide ratings or compliments for other users.
Payment Method & Information
We use a third party processing company (PayPal) to handle our payment. Therefore, when you add a credit card or payment method to your Zypps account, the third party handles payments for us, which means your card information is handled by the third party. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers. In paying our Drivers, we keep information about Drivers’ bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Drivers that is necessary to ensure that payments are disbursed correctly, and appropriate tax information is filed as required by law in each jurisdiction that we may operate.
Contacting us directly, may see us requiring additional information from you. We will first seek to verify that who you say you are is actually who you are and therefore, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we may ask you for your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may have sent us, and other information you may voluntarily choose to provide us on our request.
Driver Application Information
In joining our Zypps driver community, in addition to the basic registration information we solicit from you, we may ask f or additional information such as your date of birth, physical address, Social Security number / country specific identification number, driver’s license information, vehicle information, car insurance information, and in some jurisdictions, we may collect additional business license or permitting information. As part of our on boarding process and to protect the Zypps community of users, we may share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Drivers.
Information Collected During Your Use Of The Zypps Infrastructure Location Information
As a TNC, Zypps connects Riders and Drivers. To be effective at doing this, we have the need to know where you are in almost real time. Therefore, when you use the Zypps App on your mobile device, we get information on your location. Additionally, we may acquire the exact location of your device when the app is running either in foreground or background. You may identify certain locations, as “home” and / or “work,” and if you do, we may receive that information, as well. We need your location information in order to enable us to do things like matching Riders with Drivers, routing and scheduling drivers and determining drop off and pick up locations. The need may also arise, where our compliance team may use and share location information to help protect the safety of Zypps Users or a member of the public. To calculate charges correctly, we also use Riders and Drivers’ location information and distance travelled for applying the appropriate fees, tariffs and payments as well as determining insurance for Zypps rides. We may also ask for your permission through your device settings or Zypps app, for us to collect your location while the app is off to identify service updates and or provide promotions in your area.
Zypps gets information from Users’ devices and such may include the following: IP address, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, web browser type, application installations, mobile advertising identifiers, device identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you registered with your social media account, your social media account identifier. We may also choose to collect mobile sensor data from Drivers’ devices. Such may include the following: speed, direction, height, acceleration or deceleration and we use this information to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns.
We are always seeking to improve our services and of such, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Zypps Infrastructure, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the Zypps app, and the dates and times of your visits.
Call And Text Information
Zypps works with one or more third party partner(s) to facilitate transactions authentications, phone calls and text messages to / between / among the Zypps Platform, Riders and Drivers who have been matched for one or more rides and for transactions authentication performed on the Zypps platform. Consequently, we receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages. Additionally, we use a two-factor authentication method to help verify that you are who you say you are. As part of this process, we may use one or more of communication methods (SMS, in App, phone call or email) This process may occur at the time of first registration and or at anytime during your transactions with Zypps.
One of Zypps’s main goal is to ensure that Users always enjoy the community, provide and receive great rides. To this end, Riders and Drivers may rate and review each other at the end of every ride. When this is done, we receive the information about ratings and reviews and share Riders information about Drivers’ ratings and reviews and vice versa.
Information From Cookies And Similar Technologies
Information Collected From Third Parties Third Party Partners
We work with Third Party providers to ascertain, where necessary, additional information about you. Such information may include demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information. On the occasions when we do receive such information for our third party partners we combine it with other information that we have about you to better serve you and our community.
Third Party Services
You may choose to register with Zypps or otherwise link your Zypps account with a third party’s service (such as your social media account– LinkedIn, Facebook or Google + ), if you do, we may receive directly from those services the same type of information we collect from you as described above.
We may offer services to you through your company, university, or organization, and in so doing we may receive information about you, such as your email address, from your participating organization. We also may provide your participating organization the ability to request a ride on your behalf, in which case your organization may provide us with your name, phone number, and the pickup and drop off location for your ride.
Background Information On Drivers
To help build and maintain the trust of our community users, Zypps works with third party partners in performing Driver criminal background checks and records on each and every Driver that registers to offer driving services on the Zypps network. We therefore, may receive information, such as publicly available information about a Driver’s driving record or criminal history from these third party providers.
How We Use The Information We Collect
● We use the information we collect from Riders and Drivers to:● Connect Drivers with Riders;● Personalize the Zypps experience for you;● Provide enhance security to determine your real time location while on an active ride;● Provide you with customer support;● Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Zypps Infrastructure;● Analyze how the Zypps community uses the Zypps Infrastructure;● Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, which may include purposes for marketing and promotional;● Send you push notifications and text messages;● Facilitate transactions and payments;● Find and prevent fraud; and● Respond to compliance, trust and safety issues as they may arise. may include auto incidents, disputes between Riders and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.● Sending emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application;● Determining a Driver’s eligibility to drive for Zypps;● Notifying Drivers about ride demand, pricing and service updates; and● Calculating and providing Zypps’s auto insurance policy and analyzing usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes.● Additionally, for Drivers, we use the information we collect for the following purposes related to driving on the Zypps Platform:● Sending emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application.● Determining a Driver’s eligibility to drive for Zypps.● Notifying Drivers about ride demand, pricing and service updates.● Calculating and providing auto insurance policy and analyzing usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes.
Sharing Collected Information
Sharing Between Users - Sharing Between Riders And Drivers
When we match Riders with Drivers for riders paired riders and drivers are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and other information they may have added to their Profiles. Riders and Drivers who connect their Zypps accounts to one of the social media accounts we support (LinkedIn, Facebook & Google+) may also be able to see their mutual specific social media friends. Drivers see the pick - up location s of the Riders they are matched, scheduled with and routed to. Riders see corresponding Drivers’ vehicle information and real - time location as their designated Drivers approach their pick - up locations. Riders’ and Drivers ratings of are shared with each other as provided through the Zypps platform. In doing this we anonymize the ratings and feedback, but we can’t guarantee that a driver or a rider may not be able to identify the Rider or Driver that provided the rating or feedback.
We help Riders and Drivers communicate with one another to complete arrangement on pickups, in doing this we may share your actual phone number or other contact information with paired Riders and Drivers. In the case of you reporting a lost or found item to us, we may also connect you with the relevant Rider or Driver, including sharing actual contact information.
Sharing Between Zypps Pooled Riders
If you use Zypps ride pooling option on any given ride, Riders who have been pooled with you on a particular ride may be able to see your name, photo and other information you may have added to your Profile. If you connect your Zypps account to one of the Social Media account we support (LinkedIn, Facebook & Google+), we may show your mutual friends with other Riders who are also connected via these Social Media accounts.
Sharing Between Zypps and Third Parties
Sharing API And Integration Partners
Connecting to the Zypps Infrastructure through integration with a third party service that we support, may see us share information about your use of the Zypps Infrastructure with that third party. We may also share your information with our third party partners in order to receive additional information about you and to create offers that may be of interest to you. Sharing Third Party Services.
The Zypps Infrastructure may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don’t have control over. If you use these services, we may provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you. However, in such instances as may facilitate, we can’t speak to the privacy practices of these third parties. Therefore, we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
Sharing Service Providers
To provide you the best services we possible can we do work with third party service providers to perform some services on our behalf, and in doing so we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the Zypps Infrastructure.
We offer the ability for your organization to schedule rides and pay for rides on your behalf. If you participate by designating one or more third party(ies) within your organization to do so, we may provide your organization with information about your use of the Zypps Infrastructure, including ride details such as date, time, charge, and pick up and drop off locations.
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
● In negotiations or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;● A government authority may request information and if we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;● With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Zypps community, Zypps, or the public;● If we offer and you signed up for a promotion with another User’ s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;● With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;● To provide information about the use of the Zypps Infrastructure to potential business partners in aggregated or de - identified form that can’ t reasonably be used to identify you; and● Other instance that you consent to the sharing.
Your Choices> Email Subscriptions
From time to time we may choose to send you commercial and or promotional emails, but you can always unsubscribe from such emails. However, for transactional and relational emails, we will still send those about your account use of the Zypps Infrastructure.
From time to time we may choose to send you commercial and or promotional text messages, but you can unsubscribe from such by texting the word END from the mobile device receiving the messages to the long or short code we will provide you (check with our customer support through the contact information provided at our website for the long or short code we use to serve your area). You may also opt out of receiving all texts from Zypps (including transactional or relational messages) by texting the word STOPALL from the mobile device receiving the messages to the same long or short code our customer service support provides you. However, please note that by opting out of receiving all texts this may impact your use of the Zypps Infrastructure, including our rights to subsequently terminate your account.
You may choose to opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. However, please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Zypps Infrastructure, including our rights to subsequently terminate your account.
You always have the choice to prevent your device from sharing location information at any time by making such changes through your Device’s operating system’s settings. However, keep in mind that Rider and Driver location is core to the Zypps Infrastructure and without it we will not be able provide our services to you.
Editing And Accessing Your Information
Data Security. We have a commitment to protect the data of the Zypps community. Nevertheless, as much as we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, we cannot guarantee 100 % security with the measures we take, of such we cannot guarantee security of your data.
We do not enter into arrangement with children under 14, of such Zypps is not directed to children, and we will not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. If we find that a child under 14 has registered with us and has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 14 has given us personal information, please contact us at Customer Support.
Although Zypps does not now provide services directly within European Union countries, Zypps does allow users to access its Apps from within some or all European Union member countries. Additionally, users from European Union Member countries may from time to time be traveling in countries in which the Zypps service is available. Therefore, we are obliged to abide by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when processing personal data of users in the European Union. This section provides information as relates to EU users' rights, and Zypps's responsibilities, under this regulation.
EU User Rights
If you download from the respective App stores and register the Zypps Apps from within any of the EU member country you become a Zypps user in the EU, this means you have the following rights with respect to Zypps's handling of your personal information. The paragraphs to follow under this section outlines how you may exercise these rights.
Rights To Become A Data Subject
● From the beginning, your first right as EU citizen is to refuse to become a data subject, that is, to refuse to have your personal data processed. If you choose to exercise this right, you therefore, by default is refusing to become a Zypps User and not proceed with the registration process.
Rights To Be Informed
● If you decide to proceed with the Zypps registration process:● You have the right to request an explanation of the information that Zypps has about you and how Zypps uses that information.● You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that Zypps collects about you if collected based on consent or because Zypps requires the information to provide the services that you request.● If Zypps has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information.
Rights To Be Forgotten
● The general principle is that an individual within the EU has the right to request the deletion or removal of their personal data. However, it important to note that this right is not absolute, because there may be circumstances when data will not be erased at the request of the individual. For example, if the personal data is used to comply with a legal obligation, or for public health purposes, for scientific research or for the exercise or defense of legal claims, then the right to deletion may be denied for the individual.● With the above in mind, Zypps users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may request deletion through the Contact Us menu in the Zypps app, or via Zypps's website
Automated Decision Making, Objections And Complaints
● Zypps users in the EU have the right to object to Zypps's processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. However, to the extent permitted under the GDPR, Zypps may continue to process your information.● Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to Zypps's handling of your personal information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. The contact information for them is as follows: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens Postbus 93374 2509 AJ DEN HAAG (+31) - (0)70 - 888 85 00● You may also submit questions, comments or complaints via email to Zypps's Data Protection Officer. The email address to submit complaint is .moc.sppyZ%40troppuS
Grounds For Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. Therefore, as an EU Zypps user you should know that Zypps processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
● Necessary To Provide The Services And Features You Request:● Zypps must collect and use certain information to provide its services described in earlier sections of this Privacy documents. Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using Zypps's apps.● Necessary To Protect The Vital Interests Of Our Users Or Of Others● Zypps may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.Necessary For Zypps's Legitimate Interests● Zypps collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This has been fully disclosed in earlier sections of this Privacy document.● Necessary For The Legitimate Interests Of Other Persons Or Parties● Zypps collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.● Zypps may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.● Necessary To Fulfill Zypps's Legal Obligations:● Zypps is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For example, Zypps is subject to laws and regulations in many countries and cities that require it to collect and retain information about your trips, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. Zypps uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to your use of the Zypps apps.● Zypps may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.● Necessary On Consent:● Zypps may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. However, if you revoke your consent, you may not be able to use the service and or any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.● Zypps relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you. As a Zypps EU user, it is important to note that the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of your consent.● Location Information (Riders)● Share Live Location (Riders)● Notifications: Account and Trip Updates● Notifications: Discounts and News
Accessibility featuresAs is applicable to all of our users and earlier disclosed in this Privacy document, Zypps may collect personal information about you as an EU Zypps user through voluntary surveys. Your responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted when it becomes no longer necessary for the purposes collected.